Official Competition Rules
Please read the Official Rules governing the ACA Championship Malaysia 2017 before entering. By taking an eligible Exam, participants agree to be governed by the competition rules.
1. To participate, you must: (1) be between the ages of 13 and 22 as of June 15, 2017 (and if you are an eligible minor you must have the permission from your parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest)
2. To participate, you must be a registered student (between 15 September 2016 and 1 August 2017) with an accredited academic institution in University with the Ministry of Higher Education in Malaysia
3. For those who are currently waiting for results but hold a valid student ID (between 15 September 2016 and 1 August 2017) are eligible to participate.
4. Foreign students who are enrolled in accredited academic institutions (with valid student IDs between 15 September 2016 and 1 August 2017) in Malaysia are eligible to participate, with an understanding that should they be the winners of the National Finals and be sponsored* to compete at the 2017 World Championship in Anaheim, California, USA, they will be representing Malaysia and not the country of their nationality, birth, residence or otherwise.
5. Previous school, regional, country and World Champions are NOT eligible to compete in the 2017's qualifying and final competition.
6. Each participant must be a qualified finalist to proceed to the National Finals.
7. The National Final winners are to attend and represent Malaysia at the 2017 Adobe Certified Associate presented by Certiport in Anaheim, California, USA.
8. In the event that any of the National winners unable to fulfil the role, the next in-line (first runner-up) will take over the role as the National representative.
9. For those deemed underage must seek parental guidance and consent. Guardians who wish to accompany participants must do so at their own cost.
10. Certification exam re-take policy applies. Failure to comply with the re-take policy would be subject to disqualification.
11. The organiser reserves the rights to substitute any prize. All prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
12. By participating in Competition, the school and participants consented to have the personal information collected and photograph/video taken for the purpose of marketing / promotion / publicity and to be published on media platforms, public or otherwise.
13. The Rules and Regulations of the Competition must be in compliance with the Rules and Regulations set forth by Certiport, Inc.
14. Acestar, Adobe, Certiport and Certiport Malaysia reserved the rights to alter, amend, change and modify the Rules and Regulations without prior notice.
15. Acestar, Adobe, Certiport and/or Certiport Malaysia shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered in connection with any prizes offered.
16. Participants who are shortlisted in the top 30 must proceed with becoming an Adobe Certified Associate.
17. Please take note that the ACA World Championship prohibits candidates from competing if they are residents (in the legal sense) of any of the following countries:
• North Korea
• The rules also prohibit the participation of any person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions
18. The organiser will not be held liable for any changes or amendments to the rules and regulations which are enforced by Adobe and Certiport.
19. The top 3 winners of ACA Championship Malaysia 2017 are required to attend 2018 Launching, Kick Off and Grand Event.
20. Each Submission must not contain any copyrighted works. Use of unauthorised or other copyrighted works may result in disqualification of the Submission or alteration of the Submission, in organiser’s sole discretion.
21. The judges decision is the final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
ACA Championship Malaysia